frequently asked questions
What is a baby sleeping bag?
A baby sleeping bag, also called baby wearable blanket, slumber sack, sleep sack is to be used in place of loose blankets in the crib. Baby sleeping bags help baby stay warm throughout the night without any blankets that could be kicked off. They are intended to be worn over regular sleepwear.
Are baby sleeping bags safe?
The American Academy of pediatrics recommends the use of wearable blankets. When used alone and without any other object in the crib, wearable blankets reduce the risk that a baby could become tangled up in any lose bedding. Please make sure that you purchase the correct size for your baby based on our sizing chart.
Why is the baby deedee sleep nest different from other baby sleeping bag brands?
- The baby deedee sleep nest is warm and cozy.The baby deedee sleep nest offers a nice alternative to many fleece sleeping bags on the market. Our sleep sacks are quilted for an extra layer of warmth. Many of our customers have told us that they feel that their baby actually sleeps better in the sleep nest than in other sleeping bags.
- The baby deedee is easy to take on and off.The sleep sack also has a large reverse zipper and zipper toggle that make it easy to put the baby sleeping bag on in a darker room. One of our styles even has a glow-in-the dark zipper. These features are much appreciated by over-tired moms and dads!
- The sleep nest’s patented center zipper and shoulder snap design make it easy to place a sleeping baby in the sleep nest without waking her. Our sleep nest video demonstrates this and many other features (www.babydeedee.com/video).
- The baby deedee sleep nest is breathable.
- Its quilted duvet material is comfy and breathable. The sleep nest’s outer fabric and lining are made of 100 percent cotton.
What should my baby wear under the sleep nest?
Some babies require fewer layers than others, but as a general guideline, we recommend using the sleep nest in a room with temperature ranging from 66 to 74 degrees. For colder rooms, in the mid to high sixties, you can dress baby in pajamas and maybe even a body suit under the pajamas. For warmer rooms, dress baby in a short sleeve onesie under the sleep sack. Baby should not feel hot or sweaty when you touch her neck, just comfortable. There are a large number of customer testimonials (www.babydeedee.com/testimonials) that describe how much clothing baby deedee customers are using under the sleep nest at various room temperatures and that provide helpful guidance.
Is the baby deedee sleep nest only for winter months?
The sleep nest can be a year round baby sleeping bag for those who keep their houses cool in the summer months as well. If your house is warmer in the summer, you can also try the sleep nest lite.
Does baby deedee comply with the Consumer Safety Products Act (CPSIA)?
Yes, our products are tested by independent laboratories. They comply with the requirements mandated by the CPSC Standard for flammability of Clothing and Textliles under the Flammable Fabrics Act as well as with other CPSIA regulations and USA standards for baby sleep sacks.
Is the baby deedee sleep nest chemically treated with flame retardants?
No, the sleep sack nest is not treated with flame retardants.
Why doesn’t the baby deedee sleep nest have sleeves?
We believe that this will help baby regulate her temperature better. Adults rarely sleep with their arms under a blanket or a quilt.
What is the TOG rating for the sleep nest and the sleep nest lite?
The sleep nest lite has a TOG rating of 0.6 and the sleep nest has a TOG of 2.5.
Sizing information and care guidelines
Can I use the larger size sleep nest once my toddler is no longer in a crib?
No, the sleep nest is for babies that are sleeping in a crib.
Where is the sleep nest made?
All of our products are Made in India.